Saturday, June 23, 2012

sometimes when I create

there is a moment when I have struggled with a particular creature, trying my best to make it into something it never wanted to be. Try as I might, the creature fights back and eventually unveils to me what it was supposed to be from the beginning. 

This moment just happened, and a would-be second version of a previous character has won the battle to become a completely new entity unto itself. In that moment, the completed work flashes in my brain, and it is a downhill race to the finish.

I love that moment.

4 comments:

  1. Well now I'm just dying to see what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, I want to come sculpt with you sometime!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Name the time Sharon! The shop is a bit warm this time of year but manageable most of the time.

    ReplyDelete