Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Project

Earlier this month I mentioned a secret project that is keeping me from decorating my yard this year. I see no point is holding back the information any longer....I will be setting up and operating a Haunted House at Books N More in Wilmington Ohio. The Haunt will be part of the festivities for Wilmington's 2nd Annual Downtown Halloween Bash. It will run October 30th from 2:00 until the last victim leaves. Designed more with kids in mind, it will be a low impact haunt with a definite creepy vibe, but very few high intensity props and scenes ( although I'm not sure I'm the right one to be the judge of what is and isn't too much for the kids)

Here's the snag...The original plan gave me several months to build, decorate and tweak this 1600+ sq. ft. haunt. Reality and life had other plans, whittling the actual build time down to a mere two weekends...Weekend #1 is in the books now and the haunt is well under way. Weekend #2 is approaching fast...can it be done? I say confidently that it can and will happen.

Watch for more info and pictures to come...and if you are in the Wilmington, Ohio area this weekend and feel like lending a hand, stop in to Books N More. I will be more than happy to put you to work.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! What a great contribution to the bash. I know set up will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is this? Can't wait for pics!! Anyone who gets to work with you is very lucky indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, if you were a bit closer - say 4 hours away instead of 12ish - I'd totally come help on Sunday to help :) Instead, I'll have to send you my best wishes. And remember - delegate! delegate! delegate! Put those minions to work.

    ReplyDelete