Saturday, June 12, 2010

Squirmle Roadkill


I had one of these as a kid in the '70s. It was a pet that I cared for and loved, although I could never seem to teach it the tricks that were shown on the TV between Saturday morning cartoons. There was a list of instructions on how to care for your Squimle and keep it happy and healthy. One thing they never said, but shouldn't have had to say because it is really common sense, was to

NEVER LET YOUR SQUIRMLE ROAM FREE IN A BUSY PARKING LOT!!!

The consequences are so very sad.
When I found this poor creature today in the parking lot after donating blood, it was too late to save it's life. Alas, the string had been severed and was nowhere to be found. I would have done anything to roll back time and save it's poor neon pink, fuzzy hide. Let this image be a lesson to all you Squirmle owners out there to the grave responsibility you accept when you adopt such an exotic and wonderful creature.

2 comments:

  1. I've owned 2 in my lifetime.

    They are so easy to care for, I can't imagine an excuse for such neglect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very tragic. i cried in my sleep last night.

    ReplyDelete